Originally published in our Winter 2014 newsletter
- You will receive a body. You may or may not like it but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called LIFE. Each day in school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may or may not like the lessons.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work”.
- A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- “There” is no better place than “here”. When your “there” has become “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here”.
- Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- The answers lie within you. The answers to Life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
- You will forget all this.
(And that’s why we need reminders!)