Originally published on Kate’s blog
Seriously the best granola you’ll ever have… You won’t be able to stop!
I got this recipe from my friend Krysten Desouza when she posted it on her website here. I’ve now made it 3 times in just 2 weeks and everyone I’ve shared it with has loved it!
I’ve made a few modifications, like chopping the nuts first, using a pot to melt the liquid ingredients, mixing it all together in a bowl before spreading it out, and using cinnamon and salt for a mix of spicy/salty/sweet. See my version below.
- 4 cups gluten-free oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill wheat-free rolled oats)
- 1 cup raw mixed nuts and seeds (I used pumpkin seeds and walnuts)
- 1 mashed banana
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil (I used homemade ghee)
- ½ cup honey
- Spices: nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, etc. (I used 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Roughly chop nuts and seeds in a food processor.
- Mix nuts and seeds with oats and spices in a medium bowl.
- In a small pot, heat and melt ghee and honey until thinner liquid.
- Add mashed banana to pot and combine well.
- Remove pot from heat and pour liquid mixture over dry mixture.
- Mix everything together, ensuring all oats are covered and evenly mixed.
- Bake at 350C for 20 minutes, gently stirring oats halfway through to prevent burning.
- Bake until oats are golden brown, adding a few minutes for crunchier granola.