Originally published on Kate’s blog
Makes approximately 36 cookies
- ¾ cup maple syrup, honey, or combination
- ½ cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil (or combination)
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup nut butter (almond, hazelnut, peanut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut (or quinoa flakes)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine sweetener (I use honey and maple syrup), ghee (great for baking and easy to make at home), cocoa powder, and almond milk in a medium pot.
- Heat mixture at medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- While waiting for mixture to boil, combine oats, coconut, and salt in a small bowl, ready for later.
- Cook wet mixture at boil for 1 minute, then stir in nut butter and vanilla.
- Boil for 1 more minute and remove from heat, making sure the mixture is combined.
- Stir oats, coconut, and salt into the hot mixture until well mixed.
- Using two small spoons, drop mixture onto parchment paper to form cookies.
- Flatten cookies gently with your hand while mixture still warm.
- Cool until firm (about 20 minutes).